The Hotel Gutenberg has developed many measures for the safety of its guests
Our top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees. We monitor current developments in Europe, follow the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and comply with the requirements of the South Tyrolean and Italian governments to ensure that the measures we take are comprehensive and appropriate.
We have introduced the following new measures to combat the transmission of Covid-19:
Booking and cancellation conditions
- To make your booking decision easier, we have relaxed the cancellation conditions. For stays between January and middle of March, there is a free cancellation policy up to 7 days before arrival. For stays between middle of March and 30th June 2021, there is no charge for cancellations up to 14 days before arrival.
- The deposit must be paid at least 30 days before arrival.
- This regulation also applies to existing bookings.
Cleaning and disinfection of rooms and suites
- We guarantee a sealed cleaning of the rooms / suites / apartments - fresh cleaning utensils are used for each apartment (new cleaning rags and fresh cleaning water).
- The rooms/suites are thoroughly disinfected before the guests arrive. Professional & special cleaning agents and ozone against viruses are used for disinfection.
- During the daily cleaning of the rooms professional antibacterial and antiviral cleaning agents of the company Hygan/Unyrain are used and the rooms are thoroughly ventilated.
- For the contactless opening of the guest room doors in the hotel the guest receives a chip card, which works with transponder technology (contactless).
Cleaning and disinfection of the general areas
- In the Hotel Gutenberg, regular disinfection of the so-called "critical points" with professional cleaning agents takes place: door handles, window sills, armchairs/benches, lift buttons, etc.
- The common areas are regularly manually ventilated with fresh air.
- Pillars/dispensers with hand disinfectants are provided at various points in the hotel.
- The hotel entrance has an automatic door opening by light barrier.
- The common areas are organised in such a way that guests can keep a safe distance from each other as recommended by the WHO (World Health Organization) and provided for by the South Tyrolean and Italian governments.
Dining room and kitchen
- During the processing of the food and the preparation of the meals the strict hygienic guidelines according to HACCP (ingl. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) are followed. The waiters use a mouth and nose protector or face visor and the kitchen staff also use gloves.
- The dining room is organised in such a way that guests can keep a safe distance from each other, as recommended by the WHO (World Health Organization) and defined by the South Tyrolean government. This applies with the exception of room members living together.
- The meals and especially the buffets have been adapted according to the strict hygienic safety regulations.
- Professional antibacterial and antiviral cleaning agents are used for cleaning.
- Room service is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The hotel complex
- The hotel is situated just above Schenna with a wonderful panoramic view of the surrounding mountains, forests and meadows. A private garden is located directly in front of the hotel.
- The family-run hotel has only 26 rooms and therefore everything is easily manageable. In the general hotel areas there are therefore no large crowds of people.
- The common areas allow guests to keep the safety distances recommended by the WHO (World Health Organization) and prescribed by the South Tyrolean government.
- Each room/suite has a private balcony.
Kids Club in Gutenberg
- The Kids-Club remains open under strict hygiene regulations.
- The childcare takes place in small groups.
- As often as possible, the activities take place outside.
- The Kids-Club is cleaned daily with professional antibacterial and antiviral cleaning agents from Hygan/Unyrain. The critical areas are disinfected several times a day.
- The play equipment is disinfected daily and treated with ozone during the night.
Swimming pools, saunas, relaxation areas and beauty department
- At the entrance and in the rest areas, disinfectants and cleaning cloths as well as disinfectant for the hands are available to guests.
- The beauty department for cosmetic treatments and massages, the fitness room and the garden are open regularly.
- The use of the indoor pools and sauna area is possible following simple rules.
- The water in the pools will be disinfected with chlorine and cleaned with filters.
- During the wellness treatments in the beauty department (face & body treatments, massages, ...) the SPA staff uses a mouth and nose mask or equivalent.
- The distance to the hospital Meran is 9 km. General practitioners are available in the immediate vicinity.
- Simple face masks and disposable gloves are provided free of charge at the hotel. Specific face masks are available against payment.
Staff at Gutenberg
- The cleaning staff/room maids, waiters, cooks and child carers use a mouth and nose protector in their daily work. Depending on the area, gloves are also used at work.
- All employees maintain a safe distance from guests and clean their hands at regular intervals.
- All employees have all been trained in the increased safety measures and follow the internal protocols.
Our measures are continuously adapted to the needs and requirements of the WHO and the Italian government. Date of last update: 9th January 2021